NorCal is committed to advocating for Deaf people to have access to quality behavioral health services from culturally competent providers fluent in ASL.
For Deaf individuals and their families, weprovide:
· Referrals to Deaf and/or ASL-fluent counselingservices
· Assistance navigating your county’s behavioralhealth system of care
For Behavioral Health Providers, we provide:
· Deaf 101 trainings
· Consultation and resources
Peace of Mind is not a crisis center and does
not provide therapy service.
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, crisis hotlinesare available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
· Call Suicide Prevention Hotlineat 988 (through VRS)*
· Text 988 on your mobile phone
· Use online chat at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/help-yourself/for-deaf-hard-of-hearing/
· Text HOME to 741741 to connectwith a counselor at Crisis Text Hotline
*Suicide Hotline does not offer direct ASL access at this time.